It can be not easy to find reliable information on PE Film Washing Lines, but you can trust our FAQ guide to give you accurate and helpful answers.
A PE film washing line is a series of machines that form a complete plastic recycling line.
A typical PE film washing line contains a pre-washing machine, main washing machine, dewatering and drying systems, manual sorting table, etc.
The main function of a PE film washing line is to wash dirty or soiled PE films to clean them for further processing, such as pelletizing or extrusion.
PE films include garbage bags, pallet wraps, agricultural films, etc.
PE film washing lines are also known as PE film recycling lines and PE film recycling machines.
1. Save Time and Labor
Washing and drying your PE film is time-consuming. By using a washing line, you'll save time and labor. A good washing line will automatically feed the plastic, wash it, dry it, pull it out of the water, and send it on its way to be granulated or baled.
2. Increase Output
The more you wash and dry your plastic, the more money you make. Washing lines increase output by lowering the labor costs for cleaning recycled plastic.
3. Lower Labor Costs
You can lower your labor costs by automating the washing, drying, and conveying processes. No need to pay workers to manually clean your PE film or dump it into a bin for drying.
4. Save Energy
Washing lines use less energy than individual pieces of equipment because they are designed to run continuously rather than intermittently. The average line uses between 55 to 70-kilowatt hours per hour (kWh/h), compared to 120 kWh/h for an individual piece of equipment that runs on a three-phase power supply.
There are four main categories of PE film that are taken care of by the washing lines:
1. Agricultural films;
2. Greenhouse films;
3. Post-consumer films (bags and films);
4. Industrial films (agricultural and industrial films such as hay, bale wrap, etc.).
There are two main types of PE films (and many subtypes). One is the single-layer one, which can be recycled, and the other is a laminate, which is not currently recycled due to its complexity in terms of its chemical make-up. The three most common types of laminates are:
1. Metalized film;
2. EVOH material;
3. Aluminum foil.
The output of a PET film washing line should be clean and of high quality.
The pelletizing process is to melt the plastic waste, extrude it into some shape, and cool and solidify it. The final products are pellets that can be reused in plastic processing.
The granulation machine adopts a special screw design with large torque and strong extrusion capacity so that the plastic waste can be granulated with good quality.
There are two main types of granulation systems: single-shaft shredder/granulator series and twin-shaft shredder/granulator series. Both models have their advantages. For example, the single shaft granulator is suitable for processing hard materials such as plastics or rubber. In contrast, the double shaft granulator is more suitable for soft materials such as film or woven bags.
The shredded material is sent to the storage bin by a conveyor belt or screw conveyor after being cut by a cutter. The material in the storage tank will be sent to the extruder head through a drill or pneumatic conveying system after being weighed by an electronic scale. Then the material will go through the feeder, barrel, and extruder head to form pellets and then be cooled by the water tank and sent to storage.
The amount of labor required to operate a PE film washing line depends on the size of the line itself. The more machines, the more people are required. For example, if your line is just one machine, you can probably get away with only one person. However, if you have 4 to 5 machines in a line, you'll need 3 to 4 people to operate them successfully.
In addition to the number of machines, the skill level of your employees will also impact how many people you need. Some machines are easy enough for unskilled labor to use, but others require trained technicians to operate correctly.
Let's take a look at the answer:
(1) The total power consumption of the PET film washing line is about 110KW, including the following equipment: crusher, screw feeder, friction washer, high-speed friction washer, dewatering machine, drying system, control cabinet, etc.
(2) The power consumption of the main electrical appliances in the PET bottle recycling machine is as follows:
Crusher: 5.5KW (1 set)
Screw feeder: 4KW (1 set)
Friction washer: 37KW (3 sets)
High-speed friction washer: 18.5KW (2 sets)
Dewatering machine: 11KW (1 set)
Drying system: 30KW (including fan, burner, and so on).
Below we show how a typical PE film washing line works:
1) The washed and dried PE film is loaded on a conveyor belt, which brings it to the shredder (A).
2) The PE film is cut into small pieces in the shredder (B), making it easier to wash them later.
3) The resulting flakes pass through a magnet that removes ferrous metal contaminants (C).
4) Then, they enter a sink-float tank for preliminary separation of heavy contaminants like sand and dirt (D).
5) Afterwards, the flakes go through the friction washer (E), thoroughly cleaned from organic waste and other contaminations.
The washed PE film is sorted according to the type of plastic, packaging material, and product.
1. Sorting according to the type of plastic: divided into PE, PP、, PS、, PV 、, PET, and other plastics.
2. Sorting by packaging material: divided into film, bag, bottle, box, etc.
3. Sorting by-products: agricultural film, industrial film, packaging film, food bags, and other products.
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to the PE film washing line. Each factory is unique and has its own requirements and needs. So we can't make a direct suggestion without having a face-to-face consultation with you.
But there are some basic questions that you should ask yourself before buying a PE film washing line:
1. What kind of PE films do I want to recycle? Is it pure PE film, or does it contain other materials like paper, aluminum foil, sand, etc.? If so, how much?
2. How clean does the washed PE film need to be? Does your customer have specific requirements for impurity levels in the washed PE film?
3. Where will you get your waste PE films from? Are they agricultural, greenhouse, industrial, stretch, shrink wraps, cling, mulch, or LDPE/LLDPE/HDPE films?
4. What are your expectations in terms of output quantity per hour? How many tons per hour do you want to process?
The difference between a PE film washing line and a PET bottle washing line is:
The PE film washing line usually does not need to break the material because the PE film itself is very loose, but the PET bottle washing line needs first to break the material into flakes.
A crusher can directly crush PE film; a PET bottle needs first to use a PET bottle crusher.
PET bottles are very dense after being broken, and it is very difficult for water to penetrate them, so to ensure that the impurities in the PET bottle can be removed as much as possible, it is necessary to crush them again before going through the floating washing tank; while PE materials are generally looser. To improve efficiency, the crushing process is often omitted.
The main purpose of PE film washing is to remove all kinds of dyes and reduce their contamination. The main purpose of PET bottle washing is to remove all kinds of labels and other contaminants on it to increase its purity.
The equipment used in these two processes is different. The structure and appearance of each machine are different.
While you can wash plastic bags and other plastic with this PE film washing line, it's not the most efficient way to do it. Plastic bags are very light, and they easily escape the sink float tank. They will be a part of your final plastic pellet product.
Instead, it would help use a different baler to crush the plastic bags before putting them into the water. By doing so, they will sink much easier.
Alternatively, while there is no easy way to separate the bags from the rest of the plastic once it's already in a water tank, you can gather them up and toss them out before they get ground down and melted.
Answer: pay attention to the following points:
1. The amount of acid added is too small, which leads to incomplete hydrolysis of the dirt;
2.. The amount of alkali added is too large, which leads to the formation of organic salts and emulsions with a strong odor;
3. The alkaline liquid is not cleaned up in time, causing odor pollution on the surface of the water;
4.. The screw blade of the extruder is worn seriously. The material cannot be extruded in time from the barrel, resulting in excessive material accumulation in the barrel so that there is no place for new materials to enter.
PE film recycling plant can recycle almost all kinds of PE films, but not all kinds of films can be recycled. The PE film recycling plant mainly deals with the waste plastic film produced by agriculture, industry, and daily life.
1. All kinds of industrial plastic films such as packaging bags, shopping bags, electronic products packaging bags, etc.
2. Various household garbage plastic films include household garbage bags, kitchen garbage bags, and other garbage bags.
3. Various waste plastic films such as construction site dirtbags and waste plastic film agglomeration processing.
"The ideal washing temperature is determined by the chemical formulations and the process machine. One could use a cold water wash spray, but this would take longer to wash the same amount of contaminated film due to the slower reaction rate of the chemicals in cold water.
A hot water wash, on average 95°C (203°F), will reduce the bacteria count on the film surface more effectively and is far better for cleaning heavily contaminated films. It also helps with oily or greasy films if a detergent or alkaline cleaner is used. However, be careful when using hot water as this can cause some films to become brittle, especially during long wash cycles."
Plastic films are made of PE, PP, and PET. The recycling process of the film is to wash the plastic films with clean water, dry them and then crush them into granules for further processing.
Due to a large amount of water and electricity consumed during this washing process, environmental protection departments in many countries have put forward policies to reduce water consumption and improve energy utilization efficiency during the recycling process.
To meet government regulations, many manufacturers have sought to improve production processes and save costs.
1. When it is possible to use a PE film washing line that can recycle water, you can also install water recycling equipment behind the washing machine so that the recycled water can be reused again, which can greatly reduce water consumption.
2. To save energy, we suggest using a single screw extruder or twin screw extruder with less power during granulation.
A complete PE film washing line includes a belt conveyor, crusher, trommel sieve, high-speed friction washer, floating washer, and drying system. How much water does a PE film washing line use?
The amount of water used in each production process is different. The general formula for calculating the water consumption is as follows:
Water consumption = water flow × running time ÷ working hours per day.
For example, a 3T/H PE film washing line uses two sets of high-speed friction washers. Each set of high-speed friction washers has a water consumption of 10 cubic meters per hour. The working hours per day are 8 hours. The total water consumption of the high-speed friction washer at this time is:
Usually, we provide the spare parts for the PE film washing line with the machine, and these parts can be used for a long time.
We provide spare parts because we want to offer the best service to our customers.
For example, if the screw of your PE film washing line is broken, you can change it by yourself easily.
You need not send your machine back to us. We know that it will cost you a lot of money and time.
Therefore, we take the initiative to provide some spare parts for our customers.
If you have any questions about plastic recycling machines, please contact us!
I think this is the plastic recycling machine you are looking for:
This is a plastic recycling line from China, and it is used for recycling PET bottles, PP PE film, and so on. If you need more information about it, please feel free to contact me by email or phone. My contact information is as below:
Waste plastic recycling is important for the environment and is an effective way to save energy and resources.
Hence, it is necessary to have a PE film washing line of good quality. Here are some reasons:
1. High-quality PE film washing line helps reduce the waste of resources and increase economic benefits;
2. It can help protect the environment and improve business brand image;
3. It can protect human health and avoid environmental pollution caused by the scattering of waste plastics;
We all know that a PE film washing line can recycle PE film, but do you know what kind of PE film it can recycle?
1. The thickness is 0.01-0.2mm of the clean, dry packing film, such as packing bag and silage film, which are made of LDPE, HDPE, LLDPE, and so on;
2. The thickness is 0.01-1mm of the clean and dry agricultural film which is made of LDPE;
3. The thickness is 0.02-0.1mm of the clean and dry agricultural film which is made of HDPE;
4. The thickness is 0.02-0.3mm of the clean, dry waste industrial packaging film which is made of LLDPE;
5. The thickness is 0.03-0.15mm of the clean and dry thin plastic films from industrial waste;
6. The thickness is 0.04-0.5mm of the clean, dry waste soft packaging films;
7. The thickness is 0.05-0.5mm of the clean, dry printed agricultural films;
The running time of the whole recycling line is not fixed. Many factors can affect it, such as the capacity you need for your recycling line, the material you want to recycle, the quality of waste materials, etc.
Generally speaking, if you want to process about 500kg/h of waste PE film, we suggest you use a crushing machine+washing machine+dewatering machine+drying system to deal with it. The whole production line will take about 8-10 ton/8 hours.
However, if you have other requirements for your recycling process, we can customize a suitable production line according to your needs.
The washing line is very energy-consuming equipment; energy consumption mainly comes from the following aspects:
1. power consumption of the motor;
2. Electricity consumption of the reducer;
3. Electricity consumption of the heater;
4. Electricity consumption of the hot air dryer;
5, gas consumption of hot air furnace and steam boiler (if any);
6, water consumption, etc.
1. The motor power and speed reduction ratio of each machine;
2. The amount of heating required for each machine;
3. The number of machines in use at the same time and their opening positions;
4, whether to adopt high-efficiency heat exchange equipment, such as plate heat exchangers and rotary heat exchangers in water treatment systems;
5, washing line process design and material properties (mainly film thickness).
A PP/PE film washing plant uses high-speed friction and grinding to separate PE/PP film from paper, sand, stone, and other non-PE/PP materials.
The electric motor's power mainly determines the electricity consumption of a PE/PP film washing line. It can be around 90-100 kWh per ton (it varies slightly according to different models).
Yes, the PE film washing lines do make noise during operation. The amount of noise will vary depending on the size and model of the machine used. The noise is generated by the high-speed rotation of the machine shafts and blades, which are cutting apart the hard plastic waste.
Many steps in between also generate noise, such as when plastics are put into a crusher or granulator.
The injection molding machine can also make quite a bit of noise due to its high-speed operation.
Other than these two machines, other machines that can be noisy include: a shredder, conveyor belt, metal detector, and label remover machine.
Yes, there are several safety features incorporated into our plastic recycling machines:
PE film washing lines can get used plastic bags, waste agriculture films, plastic package products, and waste woven bags clean first. Then will make them be the PE Pellet.
After the PE Pellet is got, it can be used to produce the following recycled products:
1) Plastic film for Shopping bags;
2) woven bags for packing grain, fertilizer, and other agricultural products;
3) Plastic film for greenhouses;
4) Various plastic woven bags;
5) Plastic package products.
Yes, you can buy a used pe film washing line, but it has to be in good condition. The price will be much lower than that of a new one, and the productivity may be almost the same. There is a big drawback to buying a used pe film washing line, and that is that it will be much more difficult to get parts for it. Also, getting a technician in your area who knows how to operate and repair it may not be easy either.
I suggest you take your time before deciding what kind of pe film washing line you will buy. If possible, I would also suggest you try renting or leasing one first to determine if this type of business is for you. You may even want to start with a very small model and expand when your income grows enough to justify it.
Knowing how PE film washing lines work will help you determine if it's worth investing in.